Thursday 26 February 2009


In the background, you see part of the Trent building. This was my first build, with my colleague, Noono Karu as architect of the dock area and floating tower. Many speculate about the position of the tower. The truth is, that as we developed the two parts of the building separately and showed it to a committee before it was finished, we found more liked it in this floating, surreal location than those who did not. Feedback is great that way. I just added the glowing light panels underneath, and presto, it looked right.

At present, I am working on a 'Library Garden' for the UoN Web Campus. Flowers are designed to open up, swivel or attract attention in some way as they reveal 'pollen grains of wisdom'. 

Here is what some of the works in progress look like...and, no, I am actually floating far behind!

No comments:

Post a Comment